Good thread on procedure to measure AC charge on P80 cars from expert jimmy57…
MVS forum user cn90′s opening question:
Since I bought the car new (1998 V70) in 1998, our family has noticed that the AC is “cool”, not ice cold.
- AC Clutch checked/shimmed and gap is 0.30mm. Compressor runs well, zero issues.
- Low Side R134a pressure is 45 psi with engine running and AC “On”.
- Ambient Temp today is 90F.
- Temp at Center Vent (Fan Blower Motor at 3/5 setting) is 68F, or a “temp drop” of only 22F!
- (For comparison purpose, my 1998 BMW 528i has center vent of 60F on the same day, or a “temp drop” of 30F)
- Ideally the “temp drop” (the difference between ambient temp and center vent) should be 30-40F.
So the $1M question for all you guys Volvo heads….how “cold” is your AC?
In other words, what is your “temp drop” when your AC runs properly?