How hard is it to remove the door panel and do I need any special tools?
Not hard and no special tools needed.
1. Remove the panel for the door mirror.
2. Gently prise off the surround for the interior handle.
3. Remove the cover for the interior handle.
4. Remove the screw for the interior handle.
loosen 7 clips in the bottom edge of the panel and slide the panel upwards.
6. Disconnect any electrical bits on the panel.
As above but omit step 1.
As for the actuator I don't know who else would sell them except a dealer. Somebody else may be able to help on this.
Work was good - retirement is better.
1996 850GLT 2.5 20v Estate Manual.
1995 Peugeot Boxer 2.5Tdi Autosleeper.
1984 244DL, Manual, Beige.
1987 744GLE, Manual, Green.
1991 960 3.0 24v, Auto, Silver.
1994 940T Wentworth, Auto, Blue.