After getting my ignition problems sorted out and the car running again I have been able to finally try the newly converted manual transmission. Have driven it 300miles so far, and this is my first impression.
- Increased fuel economy. Averaging 8L/100kms as apposed to 10L/100km with the automatic.
- Alot of fun to drive.
- Seems alot faster from 0 to 120km/hr
- I don't think i'll see another flashing arrow again
- With two large coffees in my cup holder the shifter almost hits them in 2nd, 3rd, and reverse.
- I now need to fix my emergency brakes
- harder to eat, text, or drink "non alcoholic" while driving.
- no cruise control
- wife has to learn how to drive stick now.
I am very happy with the manual transmission so far, car seems to pull alot harder. Only other mod is a manual boost controller. I am also pleased that it is getting better fuel millage.
The used transmission and associated parts I installed had 270kms on it "168miles" however the clutch wasn't originall and still looked fine so I installed it....
I'll update this thread if I have any issues or find any new pros or cons of the manual conversion.