IPDVolvo PartsVolvo Salvage: Used Volvo Parts and Over 50 Years ExperienceSouthern Vo Vo sells genuine used Volvo parts
Volvo Parts

Buying gifts? Please use this Amazon link ... and help keep MVS on the Web. Thank you!Amazon.com

MVS Login

Register - it's Free!

Get Help

Please read the Help Page. Then read the forum FAQ. If you've tried those and still have a question, please contact Matt.

Volvo Parts
Shopping Amazon.com? Help MVS by using this link!
tirerack-mvs-ad.png

FM Modulator & Antenna wire - '02 V70

Help and Advice on Volvo's extremely popular car line, powered by Volvo's nearly indestructible, versatile inline 5-cylinder engine.
1992 - 1997 850, 850 R, 850 T5-R, 850 T5, 850 GLT
1997 - 2000 S70, S70 AWD
1997 - 2000 V70, V70 AWD
1997 - 2000 V70-XC
1997 - 2004 C70

FM Modulator & Antenna wire - '02 V70

Postby maasko » 28 Jun 2005, 14:58

I have an '02 V70. I'm trying to hook up a FM Modulator and it needs the antenna wire. Unfortunately, I can't get access to the Antenna wire that has the female/male cylindrical connectors. The Antenna wire leaving the factory deck has a rectangular harness. Few questions:
Where is the antenna wire/where does it go or where can I get access to it? As of now, it disappears behind the steering with the bundle of stereo and hvac wires from the center console.

And, where is the actual antenna (obviously, it doesn't have visible one protruding from the car).

thanks
-Matt
maasko

antenna adapter

Postby vguy » 17 Jul 2005, 00:00

The dual coax connector that plugs into the radio is all there is - the big 'american' car single coax connector attached to the modulator is nowhere to be found in a Volvo and is not *really* standard. There is an fm antenna in one of your windows. If you go to an auto audio installer (Circuit City carries them) you can pick up a Volvo-antenna-to-aftermarket-radio adapter to convert your antenna to the 'standard' you are looking for. You can also get an aftermarket-antenna-to-volvo-radio adapter to go the other way from your modulator to your radio. The (small) gotcha is that these only use one of the two volvo antenna coaxes and don't connect the other - but everything plugs together nicely. Unless you are trying to receive a radio signal from Sweden, you will probably never miss the other antenna connection.
vguy

Save thousands off MSRP on your new car.

Return to Volvo 850, S70, V70, C70 & V70-XC Forum (1992-2000)