IPDVolvo PartsVolvo Salvage: Used Volvo Parts and Over 50 Years ExperienceSouthern Vo Vo sells genuine used Volvo parts
Volvo Parts

Buying gifts? Please use this Amazon link ... and help keep MVS on the Web. Thank you!Amazon.com

MVS Login

Register - it's Free!

Get Help

Please read the Help Page. Then read the forum FAQ. If you've tried those and still have a question, please contact Matt.

Volvo Parts
Shopping Amazon.com? Help MVS by using this link!
tirerack-mvs-ad.png

How to reset ""SRS-AIRBAG SERVICE" message

Help and Advice on Volvo XC90s.

How to reset ""SRS-AIRBAG SERVICE" message

Postby ginawaluk » 27 Jun 2010, 16:22

I had a CD stuck in the CD player because the player stopped working.
I removed the CD player, reinstalled and the CD player and it worked once so I could get the CD out.

However, I set the "SRS-AIRBAG SERVICE" message by mistake.
Does any one know how to reset the "SRS-AIRBAG SERVICE" message???

Also it seems like this is a common problem with the CD player.
Any one have any suggestions about a CD player replacement or repair?
Volvo wanted 800 USD to replace/repair the CD.
Looking for cheaper alternative.

Anyone have any similar issues?
Any suggestions??

Thanks, Tom Waluk
ginawaluk

Model and Year: XC(0, 2004

Re: How to reset ""SRS-AIRBAG SERVICE" message

Postby ernestm » 13 Jul 2010, 17:06

I HAVE A 2003 XC90 AND THE RADIO DIED. DEALER WANTED $2000 FOR A REPLACEMENT RADIO WITHOUT THE IPOD CONNECTOR. FOUND AN AUDIO SHOP AND BOUGHT A KENWOOD 345U RADIO WITH USB PORT AND CD AND IPOD INPUT. RADIO KIT WAS ABOUT 40 BUCKS AND INSTALL $120 AND STEREO WAS $160. SOUNDS AND WORKS GREAT.

PROBLEM IS THAT I NOW GET THE SRS MESSAGE LIKE YOU. I BELIEVE IT IS A SOFTWARE PROBLEM AND LOOKING TO UPDATE THE SOFTWARE SOMEHOW.
ernestm

Model and Year: 2003 xc90 4wd

Postby casab » 09 Nov 2012, 23:01

I have a 2004 XC90 and the 6-CD player died about a year ago. I've been researching this and finally decided to pay the Geek Squad at Best buy to replace it. However, about 4 hours into the job they discovered that although they had replaced it and the new system worked, the A/C wouldn't turn off and there were a few other warnings. Apparently there is a fiber optic system that can only be worked on by Volvo where it will cost $500 for the stereo and $300 to install it. This will be the same poor quality system without a port for USB.

A year later, I've resorted to an old Sony Walkman for CDs and a portable Bluetooth speaker in the back for iPod music. :(

I don't think there is any way to get around the software problem without going to the dealer mechanic.
casab

Model and Year: 2004 XC90

Postby 007 » 17 Nov 2012, 04:38

ginawaluk wrote:I had a CD stuck in the CD player because the player stopped working.
I removed the CD player, reinstalled and the CD player and it worked once so I could get the CD out.

However, I set the "SRS-AIRBAG SERVICE" message by mistake.
Does any one know how to reset the "SRS-AIRBAG SERVICE" message???

Also it seems like this is a common problem with the CD player.
Any one have any suggestions about a CD player replacement or repair?
Volvo wanted 800 USD to replace/repair the CD.
Looking for cheaper alternative.

Anyone have any similar issues?
Any suggestions??

Thanks, Tom Waluk

Hi Tom, Until now I just know 2 ways to reset the SRS message:

1. Dealership...
2. Buy your own diagnostic scanner!: http://www.ebay.com/itm/AUTEL-MAXIDIAG- ... 73&vxp=mtr

I bought this same model and I am very happy, because you can diagnose your own Volvo transmission, engine, ABS, SRS, and some other parts, and of course you can reset messages like the SRS one. I am 100% sure this resets the SRS message because I had the same problem after uninstalled and reinstalled the OEM stereo. The same scanner works with almost all the japanese, american, and european brands).

Regards.
Forum Member
Forum Member

Model and Year: XC90 0406, 2012 C70

Postby 007 » 17 Nov 2012, 04:43

ernestm wrote:I HAVE A 2003 XC90 AND THE RADIO DIED. DEALER WANTED $2000 FOR A REPLACEMENT RADIO WITHOUT THE IPOD CONNECTOR. FOUND AN AUDIO SHOP AND BOUGHT A KENWOOD 345U RADIO WITH USB PORT AND CD AND IPOD INPUT. RADIO KIT WAS ABOUT 40 BUCKS AND INSTALL $120 AND STEREO WAS $160. SOUNDS AND WORKS GREAT.

PROBLEM IS THAT I NOW GET THE SRS MESSAGE LIKE YOU. I BELIEVE IT IS A SOFTWARE PROBLEM AND LOOKING TO UPDATE THE SOFTWARE SOMEHOW.

Hi Ernest, I personally recommend to disconnect the battery from 5 to 10 minutes before working on electronic components to avoid error messages from the computer... If you disconnect it there will not be messages after reconnecting the battery again. I also recommend you to buy the diagnostic scanner.

Regards.
Forum Member
Forum Member

Postby 007 » 17 Nov 2012, 04:47

casab wrote:I have a 2004 XC90 and the 6-CD player died about a year ago. I've been researching this and finally decided to pay the Geek Squad at Best buy to replace it. However, about 4 hours into the job they discovered that although they had replaced it and the new system worked, the A/C wouldn't turn off and there were a few other warnings. Apparently there is a fiber optic system that can only be worked on by Volvo where it will cost $500 for the stereo and $300 to install it. This will be the same poor quality system without a port for USB.

A year later, I've resorted to an old Sony Walkman for CDs and a portable Bluetooth speaker in the back for iPod music. :(

I don't think there is any way to get around the software problem without going to the dealer mechanic.

Hello, I think the best option for you is to remove the defective part and look maybe for a used replacement with yours part #, maybe on ebay you can find a few. The computer gets crazy sometimes when it detects non-Volvo electronic components are installed...

Regards.
Forum Member
Forum Member

Save thousands off MSRP on your new car.

Return to Volvo XC90 Forum