IPDVolvo PartsVolvo Salvage: Used Volvo Parts and Over 50 Years ExperienceSouthern Vo Vo sells genuine used Volvo parts
Volvo Parts

Buying gifts? Please use this Amazon link ... and help keep MVS on the Web. Thank you!Amazon.com

MVS Login

Register - it's Free!

Get Help

Please read the Help Page. Then read the forum FAQ. If you've tried those and still have a question, please contact Matt.

Volvo Parts
Shopping Amazon.com? Help MVS by using this link!
tirerack-mvs-ad.png

How to clear "SRS Airbag Service Urgent" light

Help and Advice on S80 Volvo cars.

How to clear "SRS Airbag Service Urgent" light

Postby MaineVette » 17 Oct 2010, 00:21

About two weeks ago I was working on our 99 Volvo S80 and mistakenly disconnected the positive batter terminal before removing the negative terminal. The end result is that I now have a message that says "SRS Airbag Service Urgent" and I can't get rid of it for the life of me. I know it's related to my disconnecting the battery and that it's not the airbag, so I'd really like to clear this code without dishing $100 over to the Volvo dealership.

I tried clearing the code with my OBDII reader to no avail. I also disconnected the battery for about a day and a half but that didn't help either. Certainly their must be SOME way to get rid of these codes. Any ideas????
MaineVette

Model and Year: 1998 S80

Re: How to clear "SRS Airbag Service Urgent" light

Postby billofdurham » 17 Oct 2010, 18:31

Only way is with the Volvo type scan tool or an auto-electrician who has similar equipment.

Bill.
Work was good - retirement is better.

1996 850GLT 2.5 20v Estate Manual.
1995 Peugeot Boxer 2.5Tdi Autosleeper.
Previously:
1984 244DL, Manual, Beige.
1987 744GLE, Manual, Green.
1991 960 3.0 24v, Auto, Silver.
1994 940T Wentworth, Auto, Blue.
billofdurham
MVS Moderator
MVS Moderator

Model and Year: 855, 1995

Postby skeeter123 » 17 Oct 2010, 19:59

Yep, when I fixed my wife's turn signal, I accidentally disconnected the SRS wires to the airbag in the steering wheel. Turn signals were fine, but SRS light was on after that. Dealer wanted $250 to diagnose/fix problem. I found and bought a Volvo code reader called the "PPC Diagnostic System" which has more than paid for itself since then.
check out:
http://www.ppc-diagnostic.com/info/
and make sure it will work for your model/year.
skeeter123
Forum Member
Forum Member

Model and Year: s60, 2004

Postby 71Corvette » 19 Oct 2010, 00:15

skeeter123 wrote:Yep, when I fixed my wife's turn signal, I accidentally disconnected the SRS wires to the airbag in the steering wheel. Turn signals were fine, but SRS light was on after that. Dealer wanted $250 to diagnose/fix problem. I found and bought a Volvo code reader called the "PPC Diagnostic System" which has more than paid for itself since then.
check out:
http://www.ppc-diagnostic.com/info/
and make sure it will work for your model/year.

How much did the reader cost? When I go to the website you provided it only gives prices in currencies I'm not familiar with.

If you want to rent me your send me a PM. :mrgreen:

Thanks
71Corvette

Postby dcarlson12 » 21 Oct 2010, 17:46

Unfortunately, I believe they are no longer making and don't have any left in stock of that ppc.... tool.
Thankfully I bought one before it was discontinued. Perhaps you can find one for sale on ebay or ...??? It has paid for itself over and over again. Best investment I have ever made in a 'diagnostic' tool.... I used it to reset the SRS light as well as many others...
Maybe if enough people were to contact the manufacturer and whine, then perhaps they could do another production run...
I see they now have a much more expensive unit which seems to be primarily for later model years...
dcarlson12
Forum Member
Forum Member

Model and Year: 1999 S80 T6

Postby Retired MVS Contributor » 21 Oct 2010, 18:09

BSR is still manufacturing code readers, they are making an "improved" version, much more expensive...Visiting the web site gets you referred to stateside sites who do not list prices (what the traffic will bear??)...They seem to be speed shops...I have the first version, but surmise I cannot afford the "imoroved" version...
Retired MVS Contributor

Postby LeeJ » 03 Dec 2010, 21:34

I've seen some similar tools on ebay. Does anyone know if this would work?

http://cgi.ebay.com/035-UK-D900-DIAGNOS ... 638wt_1135
LeeJ

Model and Year: 2002 Volvo S80

Postby nickgoquinn » 20 Mar 2014, 04:21

You can purchase a Volvo dice reader on ebay for about $150. Well worth the money.
nickgoquinn

Model and Year: 2004 xc90

Save thousands off MSRP on your new car.

Return to Volvo S80 Forum