YOU MUST READ THIS before posting. Must.

Want to help a Volvo owner? Or do you need help with your Volvo? Get in touch with others in this forum and get that warm, fuzzy feeling that helping (or a running car) provides. This is to pair owners with helpers in the same geographical location.
Forum rules
For Helpers: Don't make promises you can't keep. Assume the fix will take twice as long. You may not charge money for your help. Gas money to get there is ok. You may ask the Helpee if s/he is unable to afford a mechanic or if they would just like the camaraderie of fixing their Volvo with somebody they can learn from.

For Helpees: Stating up front why you need help is optional. Please answer privately if the Helper asks. Be specific in your automotive needs... link to a topic if you've posted one. Let us know if you need parts or have the parts already.

For Both:
  • You must agree to this disclaimer
  • Move the conversation to Private Messages, email or phone.
  • Put your status ("Helper" or "Need Help") in the topic title
  • City: required
  • State or Province: required
matthew1
Site Admin
Year and Model: 850 T5, 1997
Flag: United States of America

YOU MUST READ THIS before posting. Must.

Postby matthew1 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:21 pm

...all of this.

To view or post in this Help A Neighbor sub-forum, you must be 18 or older.

For Helpers: Don't make promises you can't keep. Assume the fix will take twice as long. You may not charge money for your help. Gas money to get there is ok. You may ask the Helpee if s/he is unable to afford a mechanic or if they would just like the camaraderie of fixing their Volvo with somebody they can learn from.

For Helpees: Stating up front why you need help is optional. Please answer privately if the Helper asks. Be specific in your automotive needs... link to a topic if you've posted one. Let us know if you need parts or have the parts already.

For Both:
  • Move the conversation to Private Messages, email or phone.
  • Please put your status ("Helper" or "Need Help") in the topic title
  • City: required
  • State or Province: required

You are solely responsible for your interactions with other members. MatthewsVolvoSite does not inquire into the backgrounds of any of its members or attempt to verify the statements of its members. MatthewsVolvoSite makes no representations or warranties as to the conduct of members or their knowledge and skill regarding Volvo cars.

In no event shall MatthewsVolvoSite be liable for any damages whatsoever, whether direct, indirect, general, special, compensatory, consequential, and/or incidental, arising out of or relating to the conduct of you or anyone else in connection with the use of the service, including without limitation, the safety or workmanship of any repair or attempted repair to your car, bodily injury, emotional distress, and/or any other damages resulting from communications or meetings with other users of this service. You agree to take reasonable precautions in all interactions with other members of the service, particularly if you decide to meet offline or in person. You understand that MatthewsVolvoSite makes no guarantees, either express or implied, regarding the ultimate condition of your car after having someone work on it. You should not provide your financial information (for example, your credit card or bank account information) to other members.

Choguy03
Year and Model: S40, 2000

Re: Help a Neighbor MUST READ

Postby Choguy03 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:54 pm

I feel like people are using this section to post problems way too much. This should only be for people looking for physical help, or someone to call in their area. People need to keep topics in their respective car sub categories. We could probably move some of these topics to the correct area?

matthew1
Site Admin

Re: YOU MUST READ THIS before posting or you may be suspende

Postby matthew1 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:57 pm

Good point. I changed the title and some of the text above.

BTW, this icon Image means the topic has been moved.
Please buy from MVS sponsors. It keeps this site on the web.
Like this spam-free, organized forum? Thank a moderator.
Thanks for choosing MVS!
How to help MVS.

1997 850 T5, MSD ignition coil, Hallman manual boost controller, injectors, R bumper, OMP strut brace
2004 V70 R [gone]

Ozark Lee
MVS Moderator
Year and Model: Many Volvos

Postby Ozark Lee » Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:12 pm

Rightly or wrongly I let the moved topics hang around for about 2 weeks and then I delete the original post and let the moved post take control. The delay, in my mind, is a courtesy to the original poster that may not have checked back in and they don't know where to go.

...Lee
'94 850 N/A 5 speed
'96 Platinum Edition Turbo
'99 V70XC - Nautic Blue
Previous:
1999 V70XC - RIP - Wrecked Parts Car.
1998 S70 T5
1996 850 N/A
1989 740 GLT
1986 740 GLT
1972 142 Grand Luxe

Choguy03
Year and Model: S40, 2000

YOU MUST READ THIS before posting or you may be suspended

Postby Choguy03 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:25 pm

I figured that symbol meant something. :lol: I don't mind the delay, just confused me at first. :rofl:

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk

matthew1
Site Admin

Postby matthew1 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:35 pm

Ozark Lee wrote:Rightly or wrongly I let the moved topics hang around for about 2 weeks...

Rightly :-D.
Please buy from MVS sponsors. It keeps this site on the web.
Like this spam-free, organized forum? Thank a moderator.
Thanks for choosing MVS!
How to help MVS.

1997 850 T5, MSD ignition coil, Hallman manual boost controller, injectors, R bumper, OMP strut brace
2004 V70 R [gone]

PantherGirl
Year and Model: 1998 Volvo S90

Postby PantherGirl » Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:44 am

Confirmed...thank you :)

98T5
Year and Model: V70T5,98' / 940,93'

Re: YOU MUST READ THIS before posting. Must.

Postby 98T5 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:10 pm

You guys must've been readin gmy mind because I was thinking of putting out an ad in Craigslist to form a network of Volvo, BMW, and Merc Mechanics who are not "actually" ASE Certified, but they know how to get the work done just the same as a shop. Kinda like myself, I'm a self- taught mechanic. no formal training, just good at following instructions and fixing my cars. this site and youtube helps a lot.
01' S60 T5 Turbo- Brandy
98' V70 T5 Turbo - Swifty
91' 940 SE Turbo - Mojo
83' 242 DL - Bluto
93' 940 Wagon - Django - SOLD
:mrgreen: 8) :mrgreen:

Return to “Help a Neighbor in Your Area (hands-on)”