IPDVolvo PartsVolvo Salvage: Used Volvo Parts and Over 50 Years ExperienceSouthern Vo Vo sells genuine used Volvo parts
Volvo Parts

Buying gifts? Please use this Amazon link ... and help keep MVS on the Web. Thank you!Amazon.com

MVS Login

Register - it's Free!

Get Help

Please read the Help Page. Then read the forum FAQ. If you've tried those and still have a question, please contact Matt.

Volvo Parts
Shopping Amazon.com? Help MVS by using this link!
tirerack-mvs-ad.png

climate control module

Help and Advice on S40, V40 and V50. In this forum you'll find S40/V40/V50-specific owners asking and answering questions on maintenance, ownership, repairs, tutorials and almost every do-it-yourself thing you can do to save money owning these Volvos.
1996 - 2004 S40
1996 - 2004 V40
2004 - 2004 V50

climate control module

Postby aundre » 08 Dec 2005, 17:58

Hi Everyone,

I need help on my volvo s40 2001 model. My heater fan doesnt work anymore.

The temperature, heated seats, dsa is working except for the fan.

How can I remove the climate control module for my s40

Thanks
Aundre
aundre

V40/S40 heater/fan control

Postby Guest » 13 Dec 2005, 19:19

8)
V40 1.9 Diesel Turbo, 2000 X (Phase 2)
I am presently experiencing a problem with the fan being stuck on high speed and unable to switch off or reduce - it will actually increase speed slightly - the noise is distracting to say the least. All the other functions, i.e. Air con, heated seats etc still work ok.
Anyhow, access to all the parts is easy when you know how - having spent a lot of time on this in the last week. Prise off the heater/fan controls cover plate with a flat blade screwdriver inserted on one side, pull out the radio and unplug 3 terminal blocks at the back (you need to know the radio code on re-connection), remove 3 phillips screws securing the plastic housing for radio, remove 2 phillips screws for the the fan module and disconnect the 2 terminal blocks at the back and ......voila!.
Now, this part cost @

Save thousands off MSRP on your new car.

Return to Volvo S40, V40 and V50 Forum