IPDVolvo PartsVolvo Salvage: Used Volvo Parts and Over 50 Years ExperienceSouthern Vo Vo sells genuine used Volvo parts
Volvo Parts

Buying gifts? Please use this Amazon link ... and help keep MVS on the Web. Thank you!Amazon.com

MVS Login

Register - it's Free!

Get Help

Please read the Help Page. Then read the forum FAQ. If you've tried those and still have a question, please contact Matt.

Volvo Parts
Shopping Amazon.com? Help MVS by using this link!
tirerack-mvs-ad.png

S80 2001 Dash message "Transmission Service Urgent"

Help and Advice on S80 Volvo cars.

S80 2001 Dash message "Transmission Service Urgent"

Postby jwstephens2002 » 09 Jul 2005, 17:55

This message came on yesterday , my volvo has 53000 miles. I checked the transmission fluid, the color, smell and levels look great. The car seems to run fine, the transmission seems to be functioning normal.

What would make this message appear?

How can I remove this message from the display? I have already tried a reset by putting the ignition key into position I, push in and hold the odometer reset button (use your left hand), move the ignition key to position II, when the service light begins to blink,let go of the odometer reset button. It didn't work.

Thanks

John
jwstephens2002

Postby Guest » 28 Sep 2005, 12:46

Did you end up getting it fixed? My '99 S80 wants a "Transmission service Urgent" as well. My Mechanic said its fine.

"transmission service urgent"

Postby mjlanser » 29 Sep 2005, 18:10

The message eventually disapeared. However I did have to take the car later on get the fuel throttle replaced. when they ran the diagnostic there was a message that said the transmission was going out. I am going to drive it as is and if the transmission goes out I will deal with it then.
mjlanser

This sounds all too familiar...

Postby new99S80owner » 18 Oct 2005, 22:41

:( I recently replaced the ABS/STC computer module on my '99 S80. The car has 92,600 miles on it. Now the "transmission service required" light came on. I tried to reset the warning light by pulling the fuse #24 on the left side of the steering wheel.....DON't DO THIS! As a result, I now have the "SRS Airbag service" light on as well. I took my car to the Dealership, and they told me the transmission was on it's way out. The car seems to be driving fine. I scheduled an appointment to get a second opinion about the transmission..... hell...... i'm just going to drive the damn thing until it leaves me sitting....... and...then..... I might just get out and start walking, because I can't afford to keep up with the dashboards demands. :? I'm begining to think that all these messages that keep populating on my dashboard are false..... My mother has a '95 Volvo C70, w/198,000 miles on it. I bought my used S80 hoping for the same good luck....... No such luck. I'm hoping Volvo will tap into some of these forums and start paying attention to the poor quality they are rolling out of their factories. Just reading over this forum is rediculous. I believe the older models where the true "Volvo's for LIfe"...... Not the Volvo's of today!
new99S80owner

transmission service required

Postby guestfromauckland » 19 Oct 2005, 10:32

The same message started to appear on my s80 2.0T 1999 a few weeks ago(it is an AW 4 speed auto transmission). Howerver, local volvo dealer told me that the ABS control unit needs to be repaired to fix this problem. Since I don't feel anything unusual, I will not do any repairing work on the transmission itself. I will deal with it when it comes.
guestfromauckland

Save thousands off MSRP on your new car.

Return to Volvo S80 Forum