IPDVolvo PartsVolvo Salvage: Used Volvo Parts and Over 50 Years ExperienceSouthern Vo Vo sells genuine used Volvo parts
Volvo Parts

Buying gifts? Please use this Amazon link ... and help keep MVS on the Web. Thank you!Amazon.com

MVS Login

Register - it's Free!

Get Help

Please read the Help Page. Then read the forum FAQ. If you've tried those and still have a question, please contact Matt.

Volvo Parts
Shopping Amazon.com? Help MVS by using this link!
tirerack-mvs-ad.png

ALARM SYSTEM SERVICE REQUIRED

Help and Advice on S80 Volvo cars.

Postby BigB » 08 Apr 2005, 17:36

I have a '99 2.4 s80. The 'ALARM SYSTEM SERVICE REQUIRED' error comes on when the ignition is switched on. Does anyone know what this is apart from the obvious and of a DIY fix?..
BigB

Postby hiller12c@aol.com » 14 Apr 2005, 19:24

I have had the same thing happen on my 99 S80. Does the alarm work? You can test it be lowering the window. Closing the door and then locking it. Lift the door locking pin with your hand (simulating the window being broken by a car thief). Within a few seconds the lights will flash, the siren will come on and the ignition will be disabled until you turn it off using your remote key ring. If the alarm doesn't work as my didn't it will cost about $200 for parts and labor to replace the electronic module.
hiller12c@aol.com

Save thousands off MSRP on your new car.

Return to Volvo S80 Forum