Please don't use image hosting services like Image Shack. Here's why. That's from 2009, and it still holds. The forum software is better than ever at uploading and storing photos, and it's easy.

ETS light on 2000 V70 XC

Help, Advice and DIY Tutorials on Volvo's extremely popular car line -- Volvo's 1990s "bread and butter" cars -- powered by the ubiquitous and durable Volvo inline 5-cylinder engine.
1992 - 1997 850, 850 R, 850 T5-R, 850 T5, 850 GLT
1997 - 2000 S70, S70 AWD
1997 - 2000 V70, V70 AWD
1997 - 2000 V70-XC
1997 - 2004 C70
larryvolvo
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Oct 10, 2006 5:11 pm
Year and Model:
Location:

ETS light on 2000 V70 XC

Postby larryvolvo » Tue Oct 10, 2006 5:32 pm

My newly acquired v70 ETS light comes on intermitantly. Runs rough when it comes on. Restart and it apparently resets, but comes on later if I drive long enough. Just fixed a P1332 code for CVVT solenoid by cleaning the solenoid. My engine light doesn't come on any more, but still have the ETS light problem. Any ideas or point to a diagnostic tree. Thanks, Larry[/b]

User avatar
JRL
Posts: 8668
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2005 9:07 pm
Year and Model: Several
Location: 19333
Flag: United States of America

Postby JRL » Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:09 pm

It's a FREE repair.
Warranty on the ETS for 10 yrs, 200,000 miles, see your dealer NOW

larryvolvo
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Oct 10, 2006 5:11 pm
Year and Model:
Location:

Postby larryvolvo » Wed Oct 18, 2006 4:11 pm

Thanks for the tip. I finally have an appointment with volvo and they acknowledge it is under warranty and they will repair it for FREE. Will post the solution later. They are thinking a software upgrade or cleaning the throttle will solve the problem. :D

User avatar
JRL
Posts: 8668
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2005 9:07 pm
Year and Model: Several
Location: 19333
Flag: United States of America

Postby JRL » Thu Oct 19, 2006 3:22 am

larryvolvo wrote: They are thinking a software upgrade or cleaning the throttle will solve the problem. :D

Sometimes it can

Spoleto
Posts: 55
Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:47 am
Year and Model:
Location:

Postby Spoleto » Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:04 pm

JRL wrote:It's a FREE repair.
Warranty on the ETS for 10 yrs, 200,000 miles, see your dealer NOW


"ETS" is the same as the "ETM" under the extended warranty, yes?

User avatar
JRL
Posts: 8668
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2005 9:07 pm
Year and Model: Several
Location: 19333
Flag: United States of America

Postby JRL » Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:16 pm

Spoleto wrote:
JRL wrote:It's a FREE repair.
Warranty on the ETS for 10 yrs, 200,000 miles, see your dealer NOW


"ETS" is the same as the "ETM" under the extended warranty, yes?

\
Yes (sigh)

otbecca
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:15 pm
Year and Model:
Location:

Postby otbecca » Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:18 pm

Please pardon my ignorance - but when you say the ETS light problem is covered by warranty - 10 years or 200,00 miles - does that mean if I have just recently bought the car from a third party I am eligible for this? Please let me know, I have a 2000 volvo V70XC - otherwise everything else is great (so far).

User avatar
JRL
Posts: 8668
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2005 9:07 pm
Year and Model: Several
Location: 19333
Flag: United States of America

Postby JRL » Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:11 am

otbecca wrote:Please pardon my ignorance - but when you say the ETS light problem is covered by warranty - 10 years or 200,00 miles - does that mean if I have just recently bought the car from a third party I am eligible for this? Please let me know, I have a 2000 volvo V70XC - otherwise everything else is great (so far).


IT IS A RECALL!
SEE THE DON WILSON POSTS ABOVE.
Yes, it's for anyone and everyone: 10 years, 200,000 miles

otbecca
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:15 pm
Year and Model:
Location:

volvo v70xc - one more question re: ETS

Postby otbecca » Sun Feb 11, 2007 3:07 am

Bought the car Wednesday - picked it up Thursday, Friday the ETS light came on, Saturday (today) the check engine light came on? Are these related?
I will contact the VOLVO delaer in my town on Monday morning re: ETS light and check engine - but was just curious about the relationship between the two?!?!?

thanks again for the response previously
rebecca

User avatar
JRL
Posts: 8668
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2005 9:07 pm
Year and Model: Several
Location: 19333
Flag: United States of America

Re: volvo v70xc - one more question re: ETS

Postby JRL » Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:09 am

otbecca wrote:Bought the car Wednesday - picked it up Thursday, Friday the ETS light came on, Saturday (today) the check engine light came on? Are these related?


thanks again for the response previously
rebecca


Usually, but it could be two problems


Return to “Volvo 850, S70, V70, C70 & V70-XC Forum (1992-2000)”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], erikv11, esl_97_850_T5, JDS60R, Ringo and 25 guests