Timing Belt Change Tips
Putting the Tbelt on would be immensely easier if you were to take off the crank pulley as instructed by VADIS, but I couldn’t figure out how to keep the crank from rotating while removing the pulley so my fear of messing something up led me to follow the instructions on Volvospeed (Bay 13) which provides instructions for doing it without pulley removal.
The thing that makes is tough to line up the marks with the new Tbelt is that when you adjust the tensioner, it moves the exhaust pulley and the crank a little bit. So I finally figured out that I needed things “misaligned” a little bit before adjusting the tensioner to compensate for that.
- Volvo S80 Timing Belt Tips
- Volvo 960 Timing Belt Change
- Replace Timing Belt Tensioner?
- Notes on Changing the Timing Belt
- Crankshaft Pulley – Timing Belt – Poor Idle and Drivability
- T-stat, Timing Belt Change Costs
- Timing Belt Change with Related Parts
- Thermostat Change Tips n Tricks
- Replace Right Front Motor Mount
- Instructions for Volvo Accessories
- Tensioner Whining Noise Fix