PCV System Repair on a Volvo 5-cylinder
PCV System Cleaning Tutorial w/ Pics
This tutorial will help you clean the PCV system on your 1993-2000 5-cylinder Volvo engine. Keep in mind that this is focused on a later-generation Turbo model (I have a 1998 S70 T5), there will be some differences between each year and depending whether yours is a N/A or earlier model.
If you own a turbo, it is a good idea to clean the PTC nipple periodically every 40-50K miles or so (see below), or get rid of the flame trap if your N/A car still has it installed.
Some introductory notes: Before you even start this job, make sure you’ve got all the tools you’ll need together, especially if it’s your only car.
- How to Fix Clogged PCV
- Cylinder Head Replacement
- Spark Plug Change Tutorial: Volvo 850, S70, V70, XC70, C70
- Rear Wheel Bearing Replacement
- Ignition/Lock Cylinder Replacement
- Do It Yourself ABS Module Repair
- Glove Box Repair with Hand-made Tools
- Transmission and Oil Dipstick Location, Volvo 5-Cylinder
- Replacement of entire sunroof system
- Cylinder Index
- Fuel Pump Relay Repair 2
- Glove Box Repair # 3 – The Saw Method