Reset Service Light – Volvo
Volvo 850 (1993-1995)
- There are two diagnostic units(it says A and B on the cover) located adjacent to washer reservoir under the hood. Turn on the ignition and open the module A and insert the flylead into socket 7.
- Press the button on the diagnostic unit 4 times, briefly but firmly. Then the LED illuminates and stays illuminated, and the system is ready to accept manual code input. A code number for resetting the service reminder light is 1-5-1. To do this, press the test button once and release it And LED illuminates again.
- Then press 5 times and wait for the LED to illuminate.
- Press the button once and LED should flashes several times in succession and the reminder should have been reset.
- Switch off the ignition and replace the flylead in its holder and close the cover.
Looking for resetting instructions for your Volvo S80 or V40 or S40?
Reset service light instructions for your Volvo S80
Reset service light instructions for your Volvo S40 or V40
Volvo 850 (1996-1997) and S70, V70 (1998)
You need an OBDII tool that resets Volvo service light codes. See this service light reset forum thread for more. They run about $100 to 200 — or — take it in to the dealer or independent Volvo mechanic and have them do it. Call to see if they charge for this first. Note: I’ve read reports of people having success with having the local Shucks/Pep Boys/Checker auto parts store do it.
S70 and V70 and C70 and XC70
- Press and hold odometer reset button
- Turn ignition switch to Run
- After SRL flashes, release odometer reset button
- Confirm by turning your Volvo off, then on again