Standard (manual) Transmission Swap
Why US Turbos Won’t Take a Manual Transmission
The rub is that the US versions of the ECU expect to have a dialogue with the TCU and when the communications stop (as in the automatic transmission and/or the TCU are gone) it freaks out and throws a CEL.
I do believe there are ECU tuners that have dealt with it but I don’t know which ones, the last I heard was that IPD had not but perhaps that Rica had, that would make sense since Rica is based in Europe.
- V8 Yamaha Transmission
- Replacing an 850 Transmission
- XC90 Transmission Fluid Flush
- New Modified Transmission Flush Method with Pictures
- Transmission and Oil Dipstick Location, Volvo 5-Cylinder
- Change 740/760 Transmission Fluid? How Much?
- Volvo S60 Transmission Problem
- Avoid XC90 T6 – Transmission Issues
- Transmission Fluid Flush Tip 4
- How to Make the Transmission Last in 2001 XC70
- Volvo 940 Non Turbo Transmission Question
- Volvo XC90 Transmission Problems