Hello MVS reader, I notice you're running an ad blocker. Because I make a living running MVS, and it runs on ads, please consider donating or visiting my sponsors:
iPD, eEuroparts, Volvo Salvage.
Without advertising revenue, MVS wouldn't be nearly as good as it is, or it wouldn't be on the Web at all.
Thank you -- Matt.
March 4, 2009
Volvo XC90 Transmission Problems
- Just took my 2004 XC 90 T6, 84,000 miles in for an “Urgent Transmission Service” warning message. Dealer diagnosed problems with 2nd 3rd gears, cost estimate $5,200!
- I had just taken it to a dealer and found another owner with the very same response – ‘Suspect bevel gear / angle gear failed’ – mine at 58k and his at 72k. Im not sure of the conversion but we had £1300 costs to deal with this.
- The first week of September I went to make a left hand turn (on a very busy street I might add) and my transmission went out. I couldn’t move. At only 55,000 miles I thought I might have some luck with our dealer or Volvo and getting this replaced for free. Yeah right, what was I thinking. We had to replace the transmission for more than $4,000.00.
- Our 04 XC90 T6 has been diagnosed with a leaking rear final drive. Cost to replace? $4400. The vehicle has 51000 miles on it; the warranty expired last June, but we purchased it in December.
- Join the club! My ’03 with 64000 miles needs a new transmission.
- My concern with the whole issue is that I spent quite a deal of money for this vehicle, and feel strongly that Volvo has to give an explanation why why a vehicle with just 62,00 miles has to have a new transmission.
- I own a 2005 xc90 with less than 20,000 miles and the transmission went out on it last Thursday.
- Avoid XC90 T6 – Transmission Issues
- All About Volvo 850 S70 And V70 Transmission
- Transmission and Oil Dipstick Location, Volvo 5-Cylinder
- Replacing an 850 Transmission
- ’93-’95 Transmission Trouble Codes