Troubleshoot A Dead Volvo 5-cyl Engine
Tips on Finding the Problem on White Engines
- Pull the head and inspect before doing any other plotting and planning.
- If the problem were to be rusty or stuck valves then the fix is easy.
- The cam sensor is different on Denso with different reluctor and the cam I believe to different on rear where the Denso reluctor mounts.
- You can’t run CVVT unplugged, the cam will still vary a bit.
Testing procedures on Volvo 5-cyl engines
- Volvo 940 Engine Mount Replacement Tutorial
- rear suspension transv. anchor mounts
- How to Push in the Rubber OEM Engine Mounts
- S60 Poly Top Engine Mount
- C70 1999 Rear Shocks & Mounts Tutorial