Upcoming Fuel Pump recall
I have a 2001 Volvo S80. Just got off the phone with volvo to see if all the recalls had been performed on the vehicle (ETM software – done; cooling fan – done).
The rep I spoke to informed me that there will be a fuel pump recall on these vehicles. It apparently has not been announced yet, so I dont have any details, but just something to watch the mailbox for
If I read the letter correctly, it is Advisory # P29075. It goes on to say that there is a large amount of vehicles involved, so notifications will be done in stages. Since this is from Volvo North America, I’m not sure what other non-US cars would be involved, if any.
If you smell or see fuel, by all means get it checked out right away. If it’s a recall item, you’re eligible for a free repair or reimbursement. If not, you’re out some money, but you’ve taken care of a potentially bad situation.
- Fuel Tank Recall Notice
- 1998 Volvo v70 xc – awd fuel pump issue?
- Fix your own fuel pump relay
- How to Remove Fuel Pump
- How To ID The Fuel Pump Relay
- Fuel Pump Removal Made Easy
- Fuel Pump Relay Repair 2
- Fuel Pump Relay Repair
- Fuel pumps and the Volvo 940
- Volvo 850 Heat Shield Recall Expired
- Volvo Air Pump Replacement Tutorial
- How to Flush Power Steering Pump