Volvo 240 Wagon Timing Belt Replacement
The tensioner is a spring loaded eccentric held by the center fastener. You’ll have to pry this outward and tighten the nut to hold it while routing the belt. Loosening and tightening the tensioner nut will set it in place.
Volvo 240 Wagon Timing Belt Replacement + Tensioner Tips
Before removing the old belt, loosen the tensioner nut and pull or push on the belt. You’ll see the tensioner move and understand it’s action better. Reloading the spring and tensioner takes a bit of concentration.
- 850 Turbo Timing Belt, Water Pump Replacement Marathon
- Replace Timing Belt Tensioner?
- Timing Belt Tensioner How To?
- Timing belt tensioner part# differs for 2004 R cars
- Really ignorant question about timing belt replacement
- 240 Alternator Replacement
- Volvo S80 Timing Belt Tips
- Timing Belt Replacement Tips Volvo 740
- Timing belt hits its cover
- Timing Belt: Determine Which Tensioner You Need
- S80 Timing Belt Questions
- Instructions w/pics: Changing Timing Belt/Water Pump/Tensioner