Volvo Engine Oil Change — The Easy Way
[Have a newer Volvo? See this S80, S60 and V70 2001+ Oil Change DIY forum topic.]
NOTE: Best is to do this with warm engine, so after a trip somewhere, park it at home and let it cool down for 30 minutes or so. I change my oil twice a year, or about 5K-6K miles. I don’t want to get into a debate about change interval (Maintenance minder, 5K, 7.5K, 10K, and so on). This is what I do and is what I believe in: every 5-6K miles or so.
* WINTER: 5W30 Synthetic Oil for easier cold start.
* SUMMER: 10W30 Synthetic Oil (Standard Oil is fine too).
- Spark Plug Change Tutorial: Volvo 850, S70, V70, XC70, C70
- 850, V70 and S70 Shock Change Checklist
- 1998 Volvo V70 Instrument Cluster Removal/Bulb Change
- Replace Upper Engine Mount w/ OEM Bushing
- Suspension advice and where to buy
- How Often Should You Flush Your Transmission Fluid?
- S80, 2001+ V70, XC70, S60 Oil & Filter Change Tutorial
- Volvo S80 Rear Brake Pad & Rotor Change
- Change Fuel Filter Tutorial
- S80 1G 6Cyl Auto Transmission Fluid & Filter Change How-To
- Replace Upper Engine Mount w/ Polyurethane Bushing
- Replace Upper Engine Mount w/OEM Bushing