Volvo P2 R Owner’s Guide
Below is a list of posts and DIYs that should help any P2 R owner, from fluid questions to which tires to buy. Use it to compare your P2 R ownership experience. While I wrote about owning an R car when I did own it, much of the material linked to from this post was written by other owners. As always, thanks to those who have shared what they know.
I will update this page as I find things. Send me links or content to add.
Those Rs, Not Those Rs.
By definition (“P2″), this guide covers Volvo R cars from 2004-2007 model years. The other R cars are the earlier generation P80 platform. Anything else is the looks-only “R-Design” trim option offered on C30 and XC60s.
- Just bought a 2004 V70 R — dark grey/tan, 3rd row, factory navi, factory xenons, Amsoil in the engine and trans since 50k. Needs soon: tires, a good detailing. Aftermarket DVD in second and third rows. Serviced at local Volvo dealers up to 50k. Carfax and Autocheck looked great
- Volvo V70 R 90k Service Item Checklist — a good example of Stage 0 – replacing all fluids: Haldex, coolant, brake, steering, oil, transmission, differential; filters & more
- What is a Volvo “P2″? — The Volvo P2 Platform entry in the MVS Glossary.
- V70 R in Snow – DSTC, Ground Clearance & Tires — facts, observations and suggestions to get your R moving.
- P2 R struts… Expensive! — P2 R cars use special 4C Monroe shocks, not Boge, not Bilstein, not Nivomat. iPD’s guide to 4C.
- How to make a Strut Brace — You read that right.
- My V70 R – From Bought to Broken — A log of my P2 V70 R ownership.
- DIY Switchblade Key Fix — They break. This is how to fix them.
- Are You Sure of Timing Belt Part #? 2004 V70 R — It’s tricky.