Emergency sale, at this point. Save me from the crusher type of sale. It’s not mine.
cylinders: 5 cylinders
paint color: black
title status: clean
I’m selling my ’96 850R and need it gone before the end of April and I don’t want to have to scrap it or sell it to a dealer.. It definitely runs smooth and rides well, but has it’s fair share of quirks and necessities. The previous owners had taken care of some of the maintenance and even put in some of their own work into upgrades and modifications, as have I. Asking for $1500, feel free to call or text me so we can set up a viewing and/or test drive if you’d like.
1996 R model came with:
– Operational up/down/open Moon/Sun roof
– Electric, 3 setting memory, omnidirectional Heated Seats made with Alcantara Leather/Suede
– Fully functional electronic 6 info display under instrument cluster (includes live mpg readout)
– Mirror and rear windshield heater
– Exclusive R Door Trim and Rear wing
– HP Turbo and 5 speed auto transmission
– Winter, Economy, and Sport driving modes’ switch (operational)
From the Previous Owner:
– 3″ Angled Flange Downpipe from turbo
– 2.5″ Steel Exhaust with race cat and muffler from the downpipe
– Front and Rear Sway Bars
– IPD’s Stage 2 ECU upgrade
– 17″ Arelli Jovan Wheels with low profile Barum Bravuris tires (good condition, still has about 75% tread)
– (New then, about 60% now) Brake pads and Calipers
– 2 10″ Alpine Subs in Box with Pioneer Amp and Interactive 2-port touch display radio interface with matching speakers/tweeters all around.
Upgrades and Maintenance I’ve done:
– New Radiator done at Integrity Auto
– New Do88 Silicone Hosing for Intercooler and Turbo
– IPD’s High Definition TCV for the turbo
– IPD’s Short Ram Air Intake with fence
– Upgraded PCV System with silicone line and a wider exit for better oil vapor flow.
– New Fuel Filter
– New Coolant Expansion Tank and Cap
– New Heater hose Firewall Junction and seals.
– New Heater Core
– New 3 year warranty Duralast Gold battery from Autozone
– Regular interval Oil Changes
Repairs it does need:
– A new A/C condenser
– New inner tie rods and sway links (I have the parts from IPD if you want to do it yourself)
– ABS sensor needs replacing
– Paint on the rims starting to chip (modification done by previous owner)
– Clear coat and paint, mostly on the top, is starting to fade and chip
– Small scratch and dent on driver’s side door from previous owner
– Driver side front quarter panel’s paint is a little off (no clear coat) since it was replaced by previous owner
– Antennae motor raises and lowers but the antenna itself is loose (I have a new one to put in)
– Passenger side front door latch froze and is very stiff still, takes some force to close passenger door correctly
– I wanted to replace the rear brake discs, calipers, brake lines, and pads but haven’t gotten to it yet. (I have all the parts: Bosch quietcast rotors and pads, OEM calipers, HD stainless braided brake lines from IPD)
– Still has a slight positive crankcase pressure issue that makes it smoke a little out of the dipstick tube, even with the upgraded PCV parts and wider modification to the PTC valve.
– Before I changed the Heater Core, the old one had leaked some coolant under the carpet on both sides, I have done as much as I can but will probably need new front carpets/foam at some point.
– Both front and rear batteries had completely died so I had to replace the front battery and haven’t gotten a chance to get another one for the subs and amp in the trunk.
Overall, It’s a great project car, and it’s extremely enjoyable and comfortable to drive. I do have a clean title, and records of repairs I hadn’t done myself, and receipts for parts I bought and did put in myself. There is some room to negotiate, seeing as it could be a daily driver with a small amount of work and I need it gone before the end of April!