Ready to Change Oil your Volvo S80 oil?
How to change Volvo S80 oil
- Drive for a while to get the oil more than just warm.
- Drive the car up on to your ramps.
- You may have a plastic cover over the bottom of your engine (some do, some don’t). Remove the plastic cover if you have one.
- Position the oil catch pan beneath the drain plug.
- Remove the oil filler cap on top of the engine.
- Loosen the drain plug on the bottom of the engine to drain most of the oil into your catch pan.
- Re-insert the oil pan plug carefully, making sure the threads are aligned properly.
- Tighten oil pan plug gently just enough to compress the washer.
- Move your catch pan over to under the oil filter housing.
- Loosen the cover with your oil filter wrench.
- About a quart of oil will drain out there.
The MVS Volvo Newsletter is a once-a-month email delivered to your email. It’s simple to unsubscribe at any time if you change your mind.