Let’s talk Crankcase Pressure & Oil Leak
I have an update but still confused. I pulled the oil trap and it was free and clear of any clogs. I cleaned it thoroughly and then replaced it making sure that every hose had a nice tight clamp on it. Now I noticed the oil leak on the cam side (passenger) seems to have disappeared, for the most part. Although, the leak on the rear main (drivers) side seems to remain steady.
Bonus! More on the Volvo 850
Volvo unveiled an entirely new model series in June 1991, the Volvo 850 GLT. The Volvo 850 GLT was launched under the banner of “A dynamic car with four world-beating breakthroughs”.
The four new features were: transverse 5-cylinder engine driving the front wheels, Delta-link rear axle which combined the dynamics and ride comfort of independent suspension with the security of a live rear axle, the SIPS integrated side-impact protection system, and the self-adjusting front seat belt mechanism.
The exterior design of the 850 bore a strong Volvo identity, and its 740 and 940 heritage was immediately apparent.
Volvo 850 GLT received a tumultuous welcome; seldom has a new car reaped so many awards as the 850.
Over the intervening years, the 850 series has been expanded with additional variants, among them turbocharged petrol versions and a direct-injection turbo-diesel.
The Volvo 850 was also the first car in the world to offer side-impact airbags, which were introduced in autumn 1994.
In model year 1997, the S70 replaced the 850 Sedan car.
Bonus! 10 Interesting Volvo Facts
- In Latin, the word Volvo means: I spin. Today however the nearest meaning is “I roll”.
- Volvo was founded in 1924. The two founders were Gustav Larsson and Assar Gabrielsson.
- The ÖV 4 is the first Volvo car. The first car was sell-ready in 1927. The 2-Liter, 4-cilinder car got the nickname: Jakob.
- Volvo’s very first commercial vehicle was the Type-1 truck. The release year was 1928. In the same year, Volvo released the second car, the Volvo PV 651. Volvo manufactured a total of 1383 of both vehicles in the first year; of which automaker exported 27.
- This trend saw a sharp rise in 1932 when Volvo released a good amount of 10,000 vehicles, both trucks and cars.
- The company, however, started making a large-scale profit from the year 1935. The first luxurious car by Volvo was the PV36, which could carry six passengers at a time. The design of this iconic car paved the path for future Volvo cars to come. I came in the market with a price tag of 8,500 Swedish kronor.
- Volvo touched a landmark in 1941, with the sale of its 50,000th vehicle; this is a unique achievement considering the time when WWII was in full swing.
The MVS Volvo Newsletter is a once-a-month email delivered to your email. It’s simple to unsubscribe at any time if you change your mind.