Volvo Fixes & Advice since 2001.

Login Register

Search found 9 matches

Return

by befarrer
17 Nov 2019, 08:54
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Let's see your Volvo (The Photo Thread)

I just joined, picked me up a 98 V70 GLT AWD back in July. Its 428 - Coral Red Metallic in color, with 3980 Taupe Leather interior, it had 232,700KM when I bought it, now has just over 237,000KM. I bought it with a bunch of oil leaks, I thought it was just one large leak, but turned out it had 2 lar...
by befarrer
02 Jan 2020, 17:13
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: P80 Fuel Pressure Regulator Thread - Function Variations Sources DEC 2019

I haven't looked closely at the Volvo Pressure regulator on my 98, it's in a dumb spot. But the fuel pressure regulator usually keeps the same fuel pressure relative to manifold pressure, thus keeping the same injector flow rate. Usually most vehicles are at the 40PSI range with the pump running, an...
by befarrer
09 Jul 2020, 17:12
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Black or Green coolant tank cap?

I'm using a blue one. It's only like 8lbs or 12lbs or something like that. But green is the correct one.
by befarrer
06 Sep 2020, 23:32
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 850 pcv- can I go silicone?

No, the oil will sweat through the silicone. I am not sure on the sizes though.
by befarrer
12 Apr 2021, 06:12
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 850 rear seatbelts failed

I had that happen too. The seat belts are designed to lock in a rollover, which the seatbelts think is happening when folded, you need to unbolt the lower mount, hold the seatbelt out so it doesn't retract, put seats in normal position, then retract belt a bit, then try to pull out. You need the sea...
by befarrer
09 Aug 2021, 06:12
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 850 Front axle alignment issue

Look up torque steer. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torque_steer Usually pulls to the right. The main cause is that the left front tire is closer to the drive point on the front axle (transmission differential), the drive shafts slightly twist on hard acceleration, and the left wheel being the sho...
by befarrer
22 Nov 2021, 21:44
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1998 V70 NA - Emissions code P0440 -Emissions code 3

I felt around the hose, felt fine. I checked the valve, was always open, applied power to it, stayed open. I can't remember my code, but my charcoal canister was always open to intake vacuum. I went to wreckers, found one, and it was closed, couldn't blow through it. I applied power to it, and it op...
by befarrer
29 Nov 2021, 11:26
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Think YOUR part was expensive???

i hope everyone who shops at Amazon has bookmarked the Matthew's Volvo Site link so that we get some monetary support for the forum. If you do, every time you go to Amazon you'll see random things for random Volvos. Once you've seen one of THESE pop up, the parts you need for your P80 or other Volv...
by befarrer
05 Dec 2021, 19:47
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Think YOUR part was expensive???

Several grams of precious metals are used to make those suckers. Just be glad you don't have a bad def sensor, then you're derated and screwed until you get to the shop. The 5mph speed limit is a bit of a pain in the butt. Keeps me busy at work. Especially in the winter when this stuff really cause...