Login Register

Search found more than 1956 matches

Return

by abscate
26 Apr 2013, 04:38
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Fix for slow wipers

Renns...the intervention of labour and minimal cost of grease is saving an expensive wiper motor from early demise..well done! Not to get too political ,but those of us maintaining these 15+ year old cars are being more "green" than the most efficient hybrid car on the planet. Saving both ...
by abscate
18 Jun 2013, 14:31
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

1999 V70 T5 DIY Front Caliper 8111102 8111101 DIY in 50 minutes!!

OK - good mechanicing is not a race, but I had an hour of time in a boring conference call where I was just a listener, so I plugged earphones in and dashed outside. My front left caliper locked up on me so I got two rebuilt ATE calipers from BAP GEON (in stock, local, 42 USD with 16 USD core) - you...
by abscate
24 Dec 2013, 07:23
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

ABSModule bolt 9203936 source McMaster car documented here

Joe..would you mind posting part numbers for the SS bolts to this thread please here's what I ordered from McMaster Carr 92290A188 Metric 316 Stainless Steel Socket Head Cap Screw, M4 Thread, 50mm Length, .7mm Pitch, packs of 10 92153A418 Metric Type 316 Stainless Steel Split Lock Washer, M4 Screw ...
by abscate
02 Mar 2014, 05:43
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Knee bolster under glove box - 99 S70

If you wear your seatbelt religiously, it's cosmetic.

By religiously, I don't mean just on Sunday.
by abscate
24 Jun 2015, 10:25
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1998 V70 Timing belt, cylinder head work 330k miles!

Presumably the oil pan did not come off on this top end job, but for reference the sealer is used for both the oil pan and the cam cover. A 1.69 ounce tube is enough for like 6 of those jobs. You only need a thin layer and most of it will be squeezed out when you cinch down (gently!) the cam cam co...
by abscate
14 Jul 2015, 16:05
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

1999 V70"T5 PCV Intake manifold re installation DIY

The late P80 cars have thermostatted PCV. Yeah! I'm convinced they clog much less than early P80s. I changed my oil with Dino every 5k with this car and really had minimal sludging. Reinstalling the manifold is hard though as you have extra stuff. 1 turbo induction manifold to ETM 2 electrical ETM, ...
by abscate
22 Jul 2015, 19:33
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 96 850 A/C recharge. Do I need to add oil?

A leak that slow won't carry oil out in significant qty. if you serviced the system, I would replace the receiver/dryer and add the Volvo recommended amount of PAG for that component only. NOTE! There are no high/low pressure connections on the compressor. Thus is it only possible to check the opera...
by abscate
24 Jul 2015, 06:37
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 98 v70r PLEASE HELP: forgotten paper towel in turbo

The paper won't make it into the oil, it will get shredded by the turbo, sucked into the combustion chamber and get burned up either in the cylinders or in the cat. IF it makes it through the intercooler. I think the internal on the intercooler is fine enough it will effectively catch big pieces. If...
by abscate
07 Apr 2016, 07:51
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Generic P80 AC clutch shim , bread clip, zip tie thread

:D :D :D :D :D :D

I think you are in the ward next to mine - do you have a leave pass this weekend ??