Login Register

Search found 90 matches

Return

by Brucebo
22 May 2009, 22:59
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Timing belt weekend: '99 S70 non-turbo. Part 1.

I took Friday off to get an early start on Memorial Day weekend in order to change the timing belt on my '99 S70 non-turbo (and get my amateur Volvo mechanic merit badge). This car has 202K+ miles on it. This is its second timing belt change. Attached are my pictures, results and reflections. 1. Beg...
by Brucebo
25 May 2009, 13:48
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Timing belt weekend: '99 S70 non-turbo. Part 2.

Success! Finally after getting the crankshaft pulley off. This latter was a major chore, but it needn't have been. I initially spent all morning building a counterhold tool out of 1" angle iron. I then immobilized/held the counterhold tool with a come along anchored to the car frame near the re...
by tina
31 Oct 2009, 23:18
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

P80 Step by Step - Replacing the starter motor 1998 S70 8251551

I just accomplished this job, here's how I did it. Please forgive my lack of knowledge of the correct names for many parts, I am a complete amateur and I stumbled my way through with the help of forum members! For the purposes of this description, left and right will be relative to the person standi...
by Ozark Lee
11 Dec 2009, 11:52
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Steering rack pinion seal

Unfortunately the rack needs to come out to change the seals. There is a terrific writeup here: http://volvospeed.com/Repair/power_steering.pdf If it isn't leaking badly I have actually fixed mine with automatic transmission stop leak fluid. The stuff that worked for me was Valvoline Max Life Automa...
by BEJinFbk
07 Sep 2010, 21:46
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1998 v70 Power Windows will not work

OK...So maybe I left out a few details... It IS in there, but you'll need to pop the top on the FUSE box. First, make it easy on yourself by going "Big Mouth" with the hood. These cars have trick hood hinges that will allow you to go Fully Vertical. Grab this oval hood hinge stop: Hood hin...
by cn90
28 Mar 2011, 08:02
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

DIY: 98 V70 Brake Hydraulic Overhaul (Hoses, Seals, Parking)

DIY: Brake Hydraulic System Overhaul (Brake Hoses, Caliper Seals/Dust Boots) I just rebuilt my 1998 Volvo V70 Brake Hydraulic System Overhaul: Overhaul Brake Hoses, Caliper Seals/Dust Boots. While there I replaced the Parking Brake Shoes as well. My experience shows that after 12-14 years/100-120K ...
by jreed
26 Jun 2011, 09:21
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

'97 Volvo 855 Wagon Rear Shock Absorber DIY tutorial

I replaced the rear shock absorbers and mounts on my '97 855 GLT at ~147K miles yesterday. I was replacing the shocks because they were good and worn out, with sagging rear suspension height (~ 1-2cm of sag), visible leaking oil on the outside of the shock tubes, and rubbing of one of the tires on t...
by ojdorson
11 Jul 2011, 15:45
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Breakout cable to add an Amp to P80 cars - audio centipe

Thanks! I hope I didn't gloss over anything. If anyone wants more detail on the specific wiring, there's a great page over at VS. http://volvospeed.com/volvo_repairs_how_tos/stereo_speakers_antenna/volvo_radio_pinout.html This layout is taken from a 1995 schematic, I will check newer schematics to s...
by cn90
27 Nov 2012, 08:23
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Steering rack pinion seal

UK 97 V70 T5 Is it possible to change the pinion seals with the rack in situ? I agree with Lee that the Steering Rack needs to come out for a proper repair. Below are some very nice info on Steering Rack, worth a read. But see the link at the bottom of my post! The bottom line seems to be TRW, SMI ...
by jreed
08 Aug 2013, 05:26
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Volvo 850 DIY (50 pics!) Inner & Outer Tie Rod replacement

Inner and Outer Tie Rod End Replacement Introduction: This DIY guide shows how I replaced the TRW inner and outer tie rods on a 1997 Volvo 855 GLT with 165k miles. I benefited greatly from the write up by Nlemerise who did the job on his V70. His guide was posted on Swedespeed: http://forums.swedesp...