Login Register

Search found 6 matches

Return

by RickHaleParker
28 Nov 2021, 21:35
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Please Help with this Popping Noise

Hi mate Did the test as per your instruction-noise was consistent for each one. I disconnected the fuel pump and cranked the engine. Then it gave the popping noise from one of the cylinders. Can we confirm its leaking compression? How could I check which cylinder it is from? Cheers Looks like we ca...
by RickHaleParker
12 Dec 2021, 11:17
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think you got the timing off too, because you started with the wrong datum. Use a camshaft alignment tool. Timing is critical on a diesel because, compression is what ignites the fuel. Go back through it and this time do it by the book.
by RickHaleParker
12 Dec 2021, 15:03
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

zakmuh wrote: 12 Dec 2021, 13:52
Thanks, yeah I have VIDA but struggling to find the instruction for camshaft alignment. Would you know the section number?
Information / Repair / Overhaul. Then find Cylinder head install in the left menu. May sure you have the crankshaft aligned before doing the camshafts.
2021-12-12 (2).png
by RickHaleParker
14 Dec 2021, 11:22
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

And should I turn the crank pulley or the flywheel counter clockwise? Crankshaft counter-clockwise ( Viewed from rear ) = Crankshaft clockwise ( Viewed from front ). Because your your left and right flips in relation to the engine when you turn around. ( Looking at the back of the engine the intake...
by abscate
14 Dec 2021, 21:33
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Cylinder number one is on the right hand side of the car, driver side for you.

Cylinder five is left hand side of car, passenger side for you.
by RickHaleParker
15 Dec 2021, 01:25
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

No matter how a engine is mounted. Cylinder #1 is always on the end where the crankshaft pulley is.