Login Register

Search found 337 matches

Return

by BlackBart
20 Oct 2019, 22:06
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Help Identifying two Parts

The hose next to the oil cap is part of the PCV system. It connects a vent on the head to the oil vapor separator box on the side (front) of the cylinder block. It's a major air leak in your system.
by BlackBart
25 Oct 2019, 11:31
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cheap Ocean Race ( "needs engine") for sale

How do you like BlackBetty? Is she a typical Volvo or being an XC70 she is considered high maintenance? Oh, me? She seems good so far. I think Betty's issues are mostly because she was taken in for regular service, at a reputable independent, but he used aftermarket bargain parts which didn't last,...
by BlackBart
29 Oct 2019, 13:20
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: hmmm...

Betty could use a little brother..
122 & black V70.jpg
by BlackBart
11 Nov 2019, 20:37
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: General Tips for DIY Head Gasket Replacement - 99 s70 na

It -could- be two burned valves in two adjacent cylinders, but that’s highly unlikely. A “leak down” test will tell you where the air is leaking out. You can do this. Do you need the car anytime soon? Slow & careful is my pattern on new things. DIYs are invaluable. Ask questions here. Everything...
by BlackBart
13 Nov 2019, 10:06
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sun roof stuck. Manual close?

TheOtherside wrote: 12 Nov 2019, 08:39I dont see a drank anywhere.
Mine will only open about 2 or 3 inches, then hits something or jambs. I think I need a drank.
by BlackBart
13 Nov 2019, 21:35
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Loud click

Front sway bar end link? I had a loose fastener there and it made a loud click / pop at every bump.
by BlackBart
16 Dec 2019, 22:55
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HEAT!! (for your feet...and hands...in the garage)

Yes. Pretty expensive unit, then a lot more labor to install, pipe, and exhaust it. More efficient, yes.