- Be nice, be respectful.
- Subject line: do not write "Help" in your title. Everybody needs help, so you don't need to add that.
- Subject line: no ALL CAPS titles or posts. It's shouting. Don't shout.
- Subject line: no funny/special characters in titles to get attention, please.
- Don't ask for people to reply to your email address. This is a forum, not a mailing list, plus you can get email notifications to responses anyway.
- Don't hijack a topic. If you have a question that isn't directly related, start a new topic.
- Please do your best to write readable English. Try to spell things correctly. No "texting" lingo. Common Web acronyms are ok. Written text is the only form of communication we have.
- Do not post the same thing in multiple forums. We will delete duplicates.
- No politics, profanity or religion in posts, signatures or usernames, please.
- Please follow up. A day, a week, a month, it's ok - just let us know how it turns out.
- Start sentences with Capital letters.
- End sentences with periods.
- Break thoughts into paragraphs.
Think about it: others are more likely to respond to your question if you ask it clearly. I've been running this board for well over a decade. Well-phrased questions get more answers.
Writing is all we have, save for the occasional but very helpful(!) photo/video.
If English is your 2nd/3rd/4th language, you are not held to this standard.