IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics Free shipping all USA - Experts in Brakes
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy your stuff using this and it helps MVS!

Valeo Radiator Part Numbers 98 V70 XC

Help, Advice and DIY Tutorials on Volvo's extremely popular car line -- Volvo's 1990s "bread and butter" cars -- powered by the ubiquitous and durable Volvo inline 5-cylinder engine.

1992 - 1997 850, 850 R, 850 T5-R, 850 T5, 850 GLT
1997 - 2000 S70, S70 AWD
1997 - 2000 V70, V70 AWD
1997 - 2000 V70-XC
1997 - 2004 C70

francisp
Year and Model: '98 S70 GLT,'04 xC90
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
United States of America
francisp

Re: Valeo Radiator Part Numbers 98 V70 XC

Post by francisp » Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:58 am

Just to add to the discussion, I too, am happy with my replacement Nissens radiator. Had the original Valeo Rad held up ( upper coolant hose connection broke ), I'd still be using it. Despite that, I'm very pleased with mine.It was priced affordably and the pros on the Nissens review outweighed the negatives. I was at 134k during install, now I'm at 144k and no issues.

superfeed
Year and Model: 1998 V70 XC
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
United States of America
superfeed

Re: Valeo Radiator Part Numbers 98 V70 XC

Post by superfeed » Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:04 pm

I think the running issue was the large air intake hose that connects just above the radiator. It was disconnected. After securing it with the hose clamp it stayed running. I've had the engine out and several other things on that car, also had an 850 turbo wagon. I guess I never really thought about the way the air routes around before it gets to the throttle body. I am thinking with the hose off, the MAF didn't see any flow and killed it.

I did flush the transmission. The transmission got real noisy and the fluid looked like a runny chocolate shake. Yikes... I am pretty sure coolant fluid got into the transmission. Of course after having the upper radiator line off a couple of times, the last time I guess I neglected to secure it well, and started the care and backed it out of the driveway before realizing I was pumping the stuff all over. :) Nice mess in the garage and it looks like I axe murdered someone in the snowy driveway. Another trip to O'Reilly's. car seems to be running well, though the transmission is noisier than I would like. Seems to pull and shift okay.

Now back to the items I was hoping to work on before the radiator split at the side.

Passenger side CV axle and wheel bearing, rusted out rear exhaust, replace parking brake system... It never ends. 3 old Volvos is too many. :)