IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics Volvo modules repair and programming
Please use the MVS Amazon link when you buy anything at all! It helps this site. Thanks very much!

Get email notification of topic replies. Log in or register (free). Amazon Link Buy anything with this and it helps MVS!

Getting very near to fix my convertible top c70 2004 Topic is solved

Help, Advice and DIY Tutorials on Volvo's extremely popular car line -- Volvo's 1990s "bread and butter" cars -- powered by the ubiquitous and durable Volvo inline 5-cylinder engine.

1992 - 1997 850, 850 R, 850 T5-R, 850 T5, 850 GLT
1997 - 2000 S70, S70 AWD
1997 - 2000 V70, V70 AWD
1997 - 2000 V70-XC
1997 - 2004 C70

tango_1000
Year and Model: c70 2007

Getting very near to fix my convertible top c70 2004  Topic is solved

Post by tango_1000 »

I had my convertible not working for a while thinking it was dead or it will cost a lot to fix.
Good news for me, the top works, almost all the way.
I figure that if I do open the cover plate by hand, then the sequence will do what is suppose to after that. So, if i go to the trunk and turn the latch on the right hole counterclockwise just one or two turns it will disengaged the cover plate, then turn few turns, also counterclockwise, then the plate will raise a bit, that's when i press the switch inside and the top will do the whole sequence with no problem.
To close the top it will do everything ok but when it gets to the plate function it will not do anything, so i push with my hands down to the close position and use the tools to close totally and lock , counterclockwise now.
Im sure there is a problem with the micro switch in the back but i don't know which one is or are.
If anybody can help with suggestions or ideas. Or if someone have the location of those micro switches will be great.
I thank you to everyone that is reading my problem here.