IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy your stuff using this and it helps MVS!

Odd Errors after Cylinder Head R&R | Timing Issues?

Help, Advice and DIY Tutorials on Volvo's extremely popular car line -- Volvo's 1990s "bread and butter" cars -- powered by the ubiquitous and durable Volvo inline 5-cylinder engine.

1992 - 1997 850, 850 R, 850 T5-R, 850 T5, 850 GLT
1997 - 2000 S70, S70 AWD
1997 - 2000 V70, V70 AWD
1997 - 2000 V70-XC
1997 - 2004 C70

nickelghandi
Year and Model: 1998 Volvo S70 GLT
United States of America
nickelghandi

Re: Odd Errors after Cylinder Head R&R | Timing Issues?

Post by nickelghandi » Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:12 pm

Back at it again...

It is possible that I am losing boost, but this error will pop up even if I just let the car idle, so it is unlikely the cause.

I corrected a loose ground today on the back of the cylinder head. It was kind of hiding because the connector was bent a bit down around the top of the cam cover making it feel more firm than it was. The threads on the cover were totally stripped. I took a very slightly larger bolt and slowly "re-tapped" the hole to accommodate and now the power is back! I step on it and it goes pretty quick. The errors still pop up, so that isn't fixed, but at least it is safe to drive and merge into traffic.

Now to fix control arms and the passenger door latch. Then comes headlights. I am torn between jewels and projectors... Better than being torn between fixing and selling.