B8444S (V8) serp belt tools

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials on Volvo XC90s. The XC90 proved to be very popular, and very good for Volvo's sales numbers, since its introduction in model year 2003 (North America).
ggleavitt
Year and Model: XC90 06-VOR, 08-SPRT

B8444S (V8) serp belt tools

Post by ggleavitt »

Some of you may know me from this site or Swedespeed, I post the same user name. I recently acquired a second V8 XC90 that had 135k miles and I did a refresh of sorts to include the auxiliary belt with tensioner and idlers. There’s also a part in a thread about my snapping off the tensioner bracket nut at the end of a very long day, with a warning to help anybody else that might want to do the same.
At any rate, I am now the owner of two tensioner brackets (one more than I’ll ever use) and I put together a small kit that I’m sending out if there’s interest.

Contents
19mm 6-point socket, ½ inch
½ inch mini serp belt bar
Tensioner holder (Volvo)
10mm hex for tensioner bracket
10mm hose pincer for reservoir side coolant
Assorted plugs for engine side coolant (let me know when we need more and what color)

See https://www.swedespeed.com/threads/stan ... 90.638488/ (it’s in the last post, does not include the long bars or the tensioner). Goes out as a USPS Small Box for a flat rate of $8.30. That will literally be your cost for this kit as you send it on. I’m doing the first send out for free since it’s something I want to do and the last time we did this I had two people take advantage. It’s literally everything you need as far as anything sort of special to do this job (especially the tensioner holder).

Ideally, I would like get a few folks interested and send it out on a journey. If you’re interested in using this kit, PM me here or on Swedespeed.

Thanks

* I looked on MVS and could not find a good write-up for changing the belt. This is one- https://www.swedespeed.com/threads/volv ... nt.338081/
2006 V8 AWD VOR-135k
2008 V8 AWD Sport-135k

ggleavitt
Year and Model: XC90 06-VOR, 08-SPRT

Post by ggleavitt »

V8 serp belt tools kit is scheduled to go out in late March for a Swedespeed forum member, if someone wants to before or after feel free to let me know.

No harm/no foul if there's not any interest on this site, my intent was simply to share and I had though to expand the audience.

Thanks
2006 V8 AWD VOR-135k
2008 V8 AWD Sport-135k