IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics Free shipping all USA - Experts in Brakes
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy anything with this and it helps MVS!

2008 XC90 3.2 AWD - Crunching/clunking Noise from front when shifting from P to D or R

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials on Volvo XC90s. The XC90 proved to be very popular, and very good for Volvo's sales numbers, since its introduction in model year 2003 (North America).
Eric81583
Year and Model: 2004
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Eric81583

2008 XC90 3.2 AWD - Crunching/clunking Noise from front when shifting from P to D or R

Post by Eric81583 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:51 pm

Hi forum,

I have a 2008 xc90 3.2 AWD 75k miles. yesterday I started my vehicle and shifted into drive and I heard crunching/clunking noise coming from the front end. The Check engine light flickered before I quickly threw it into neutral. The check engine light turned off and I shifted back into drive and drove home with no problem. This morning I started it up and the same thing happened again.

Can anyone tell me what is causing this problem?

If I continue to drive it am I going to cause major expensive damage? (This is my only vehicle and I need it to get to work)

And what I have to do to fix it ( I do most of my own work. Only brakes and oil on this one but I had a 2004 s60 that I did strut assemblies, timing belt etc)

Thanks

Eric