IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics Free shipping all USA - Experts in Brakes
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy your stuff using this and it helps MVS!

Evap Purge Valve Location on XC90 V8?

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials on Volvo XC90s. The XC90 proved to be very popular, and very good for Volvo's sales numbers, since its introduction in model year 2003 (North America).
XC90V8Pearl
Year and Model: 2010 XC90 V8
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
United States of America
XC90V8Pearl

Evap Purge Valve Location on XC90 V8?

Post by XC90V8Pearl » Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:13 pm

Hello everyone,

So this is my first Volvo, but I've worked on many other European and Domestic brands. The XC90 seems well-built, and servicing it has been easy thus far. I like the power of the Yamaha V8.

Anyway, I've got a P2421 code that keeps popping (Evaporative Emission System Vent Valve Stuck Open), and I've read that the purge valve has an internal o-ring that can dry out and leak, causing failure. The problem is that I can't find the darn thing on my XC90 V8. I've read the forums and looked at the images from the parts catalog (Item #23 in the attached photo below, P/N 8653908), all of which say that it should be mounted on the fan shroud. I've looked everywhere - can't find it. I'm guessing that the purge valve is on the fan shroud for T5, T6, and 3.2 variants, but that it was relocated somewhere else on V8 models. Has anyone had this issue? Could you tell me where to look?

Thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.