IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics Free shipping all USA - Experts in Brakes
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy your stuff using this and it helps MVS!

2004 XC90 2.5T AWD: Rad fan not coming on

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials on Volvo XC90s. The XC90 proved to be very popular, and very good for Volvo's sales numbers, since its introduction in model year 2003 (North America).
francisp
Year and Model: '98 S70 GLT,'04 xC90
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
United States of America
francisp

2004 XC90 2.5T AWD: Rad fan not coming on

Post by francisp » Mon May 30, 2016 12:25 pm

I had the radiator replaced at 182k. It is new and the job done through a volvo service center. The problem I now have is the radiator fan not coming on which raises the temp as I can see it rising on the temp gauge when at a stand still. It there access to the rad fan fuse? How do I get to it and replace it? Is there another cause for this to happen? I'd appreciate any inputs and suggestions. Otherwise its back to the shop that did the work and have them mess with it.

francisp
United States of America
francisp

Re: 2004 XC90 2.5T AWD: Rad fan not coming on

Post by francisp » Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:38 pm

Since I have not received any advice or a mere comment to my issue, I have decided to take it back to the shop and let a professional deal with it. I may be overcharged for it but I'd rather have it done than have my family stranded somewhere with an overheating piece of Swede.

francisp
United States of America
francisp

Re: 2004 XC90 2.5T AWD: Rad fan not coming on

Post by francisp » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:46 am

Update: As of July first week, I had the fan replaced. Accnd to service writer from Byers, it was not cycling through so they managed to simulate the three stages the fan supposedly comes on and no response came from the fan so they deemed it faulty. Another $$$ expense even after a 15% manager's special coupon for repairs and parts.

Shortly after taking the XC home, I decided to check engine oil level as I know it will need it's scheduled service and lo and behold, I cannot pop the hood, the hood release lever is tight to pull open and after two tries it broke...Back to Byers as soon as possible.