IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy your stuff using this and it helps MVS!

DIM backlight lamps- These supposed to have a blue filter?

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials on Volvo XC90s. The XC90 proved to be very popular, and very good for Volvo's sales numbers, since its introduction in model year 2003 (North America).
mrbrian200
Year and Model: 2006 S60 2.5T FWD
United States of America
mrbrian200

DIM backlight lamps- These supposed to have a blue filter?

Post by mrbrian200 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:59 am

2003 XC90 DIM backlight bulbs- PO likely changed these. About 50% brighter than they should be and yellowish compared to the DIM in my 06 S60 which glows a nice pretty green.
Should these should have a silicone blue color filter over the bulbs to correct orange/yellow color temp incandescent + blue filter to make green?

This occurred to me as I just replaced the bulbs on the AUM which were all out except one. while moving the silicone filters to the new bulb assemblies it occurred to me this might be the 'problem' on the DIM and why it doesn't look right to me. I can confirm the JKL CNW1-23 bulbs available from various electronics supply houses (Digikey, Arrow, Mouser) fits perfect/correct brightness for the AUM. JKL also makes the silicone light filters to fit various size mini bulbs including the bulbs for the DIM backlighting which would be T1-1/4 size or PN 39-06-5B.
The filters for the T1 bulbs in the AUM if you lost yours would be T1S -short size because the bulb sits down in the plastic mounting: PN 39-01-5A.

The bulbs are carried by supply houses. The filter caps, however, would need to be a bulk buy/RFQ direct from JKL from what I can tell. Or Ebay

http://www.jkllamps.com/incandescent/colorfiltercaps
http://www.ebay.com/itm/272536176020