IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy anything with this and it helps MVS!

Seat disassembly

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials on Volvo XC90s. The XC90 proved to be very popular, and very good for Volvo's sales numbers, since its introduction in model year 2003 (North America).
jmana
Year and Model: 04 xc90
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Russia
jmana

Seat disassembly

Post by jmana » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:46 pm

I bought an 04 with black leather, it seems like all the black leather front seat bottoms have split seams. I went to a local u pull it and found 2 seat bottoms that weren't split. They were super easy to remove, just held on by clips that ran around the outer edge. Then I go to remove the bad seat bottoms and realize they are completely different. For one they are hog tied. Second the seat spring is built into the foam. The frame is different as well. So I'm going to go back to the junkyard but I know the seat backs were in worse condition than mine. I'm wondering if it's possible to separate the seat back frame from the seat bottom frame so I can just buy that part from the yard? I looked on mine but I couldn't figure out how they are connected to each other.