IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics Volvo modules repair and programming
Please use the MVS Amazon link when you buy anything at all! It helps this site. Thanks very much!

Get email notification of topic replies. Log in or register (free). Amazon Link Buy anything with this and it helps MVS!

07 XC90 3.2 Oil trap loud hissing noise

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials on Volvo XC90s. The XC90 proved to be very popular, and very good for Volvo's sales numbers, since its introduction in model year 2003 (North America).
pgill
Year and Model: 2010 S80, 2008 LR2

Re: 07 XC90 3.2 Oil trap loud hissing noise

Post by pgill »

JohninMaine wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:52 pm Hi, raquette and pgill:

I am attempting to replace the diaphragm. Thank you both for your information. You mentioned the use of a heat gun. Is that needed in order to soften the cap so that it can be removed? Sadly I tried to pry it a bit too hard and some of the plastic around the edge broke off. Getting the cap to pop off is not so easy. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Also, raquette, I just ordered an aftermarket piece for $40 from a Chinese distributor. I'm now worried that I will get the part that has the misaligned holes, given the low price. Do you recall where you purchased yours?

Thank you! John

John,

The heat gun is needed to expand/soften the cap so that it can be removed.

I tried to remove mine cold and it just broke the cap

Good luck

Paul