2005 XC90 2.5t imobilizer

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials on Volvo XC90s. The XC90 proved to be very popular, and very good for Volvo's sales numbers, since its introduction in model year 2003 (North America).
Soberdude94
Year and Model: 2005 XC90

2005 XC90 2.5t imobilizer

Post by Soberdude94 »

I am new to this site and a new Volvo owner.
I bought this car from my neighbor who neglected to change the timing belt on schedule as a result she ended up loosing timing belt at 80mph.
Being very interested in Volvo and able to do the work needed I bought this car.
After removing the head and confirming it needed to be rebuilt and the pistons were not damaged to the point of replacing.
I installed a new head and all components to go with it.everything functions the way it should, the starter is good and will turn engine over without hesitation.
My issue is when I use the key to try and start the car it turns over for about One second and cuts out and then the dash flashes imobilizer . I've tried everything from letting it sit for five hours to lock and lock the door five times with the key but nothing seems to work.
Does anybody have any idea for me how to get rid of this immobilizer? Or is this an issue that I have to take to the dealership?
Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated thank you

yagger
Year and Model: S60 2005 2,5T

Post by yagger »

If you have a DiCE, or you can but one, I can read your car online for check what you need.

Soberdude94
Year and Model: 2005 XC90

Post by Soberdude94 »

I can buy a dice unit it might be from eBay as I do not know where to buy one near me.
Is there a charge for your service ?
Is there a certain unit you recommend I have seen a few on eBay stating the latest software updates.

yagger
Year and Model: S60 2005 2,5T

Post by yagger »

See private message.