IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy anything with this and it helps MVS!

intermittent "check stop lamp" Topic is solved

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials on Volvo XC90s. The XC90 proved to be very popular, and very good for Volvo's sales numbers, since its introduction in model year 2003 (North America).
jsonk
Year and Model: 2006 xc90
Been thanked: 0
United States of America
jsonk

Re: intermittent "check stop lamp"  Topic is solved

Post by jsonk » Tue May 14, 2019 2:21 pm

Just a follow up...way late. Had to bite the bullet and have the CEM replaced. Brake lights work as they should now. Now to figure out that pesky P0420 error I'm getting. Why is it every time a mechanic opens the hood of this thing it costs me $1000 or more? :(

Yeldarb
Year and Model: 2004 XC70
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
United States of America
Yeldarb

Re: intermittent "check stop lamp"

Post by Yeldarb » Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:33 pm

Hi all,

I have recently had to change the passenger stop lamp 3 times. This most recent time was flukey. It has definitely been hard to get the light in the right position, and it seems like there may be some plastic screws missing from the metal plate where the light is inserted. So now after the 3rd replacement the weird thing that happens is when I turn my right turn signal on, 2 green arrows light up in the button right of the dash(after reading the manual this light suggests it thinks I am towing something but my XC70 does not even have the tow package.) and whenever I have the right turn signal on while braking, the “check stop lamp” light goes on and of sporadically. This seems to be an electric issue with the 2 lights. Does anybody have any ideas on this issue?