IPD sale Volvo Parts
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy your stuff using this and it helps MVS!

chasing the anti skid gremlin

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials on Volvo XC90s. The XC90 proved to be very popular, and very good for Volvo's sales numbers, since its introduction in model year 2003 (North America).
SuperHerman
Year and Model: 2004 & 2016 XC90
Has thanked: 0
United States of America
SuperHerman

Re: chasing the anti skid gremlin

Post by SuperHerman » Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:18 am

Yes that is the point. Yes you are assuming it is bad and not connecting that is why you replaced it - if you disconnect it and get other codes then that may mean it was working and you should look elsewhere or at least at some of the connection pins. It is a free and quick test which should cause no harm - maybe it will help. Like you say - you are "chasing".

ylwgto
Year and Model: 2004 volvo xc90
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
United States of America
ylwgto

Re: chasing the anti skid gremlin

Post by ylwgto » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:52 am

Been a while, but I still have the Anti-skid dash error code.

While doing my brakes I discovered that the rear wheels spun freely and independently when jacked up (car in park, off, one rear wheel off ground at a time). Does this mean the AWD is disengaged and if so how do I determine if it is a mechanical or an electrical sensor issue?

Again, 2004 XC90 2.3T with 189K. I've replaced SAS, yaw sensor, TCM, ignition module. Recalibrated DSTC system with my computer. BUT, the computer still states that it cannot connect with the system when trying to pull SAS codes.

Now that I know that the AWD may be compromised, I am more inclined to search for a fix.

what next?