IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy your stuff using this and it helps MVS!

Anyone have any experience with Nakamoto brakes? Topic is solved

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials on Volvo XC90s. The XC90 proved to be very popular, and very good for Volvo's sales numbers, since its introduction in model year 2003 (North America).
ylwgto
Year and Model: 2004 volvo xc90
Has thanked: 0
United States of America
ylwgto

Anyone have any experience with Nakamoto brakes?

Post by ylwgto » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:45 pm

Anyone have any experience with Nakamoto brakes?

ex:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Nakamoto-Front ... 1795091669

I need to do a budget full pad/rotor swap. Yes, I know everyone recommends Akebono/Zimmerman etc etc. I only put 5K on the car annually and don't want to spend $400 on brake parts

These are made in Taiwan, so I imagine they are of better quality than some Chinese rotor castings that commonly warp.

https://nakamotousa.com/#about-us

So, anyone use these? They look pretty solid and price is epic.

ylwgto
Year and Model: 2004 volvo xc90
Has thanked: 0
United States of America
ylwgto

Re: Nakamoto brakes??  Topic is solved

Post by ylwgto » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:45 am

I installed these (front and rear pads and rotors) last month. Very high quality in appearance. After 900m, they are performing very well. Smooth, modulated and powerful stopping. Quiet with minimal dust. No more pulsation under heavy braking (old front rotors were warped)

Long term use, we'll see. I feel like at $145 for a full kit it was a steal.

MoVolvos
Year and Model: 03S80T6~08C30T5
United States of America
MoVolvos

Re: Nakamoto brakes??

Post by MoVolvos » Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:26 pm

ylwgto wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:45 am
I installed these (front and rear pads and rotors) last month. Very high quality in appearance. After 900m, they are performing very well. Smooth, modulated and powerful stopping. Quiet with minimal dust. No more pulsation under heavy braking (old front rotors were warped)

Long term use, we'll see. I feel like at $145 for a full kit it was a steal.
Purchased a set front and rear for an 03 GS300 and fronts for an 03 Odyssey from 1A Auto. So far installed on the rear of the Lexus only. No bedding due to being on the rear and has been smooth and quiet. They are wearing very, very smooth and even unlike the AM-AutoParts rear brakes on the 03 Odyssey. Those have rust on them all time and are starting to score.

Both the Lexus and Odyssey have Powerstop front brakes at this time. At first they worked well but after several years with them I would not buy them again.
Blessings,

BKM

1998 S70 T5 - Donated
2003 S80 T6
2003 GS300
2003 Odyssey
2008 C30 T5
2019 Atlas SE 4 Motion