IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics

Get email notification of topic replies. Log in or register (free). Amazon Link Buy anything with this and it helps MVS!

Immobilizer, see manual. Break failure, stop safely. Low beam failure. Light on antina ring not turning on.

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials on Volvo XC90s. The XC90 proved to be very popular, and very good for Volvo's sales numbers, since its introduction in model year 2003 (North America).
Damianmcc
Year and Model: 07 XC90

Immobilizer, see manual. Break failure, stop safely. Low beam failure. Light on antina ring not turning on.

Post by Damianmcc »

My 2007 XC90 started having problems Friday. At first it wasn't wanting to start, we would turn the key and nothing, give it a few and it would start. Then I died while in idle, then again while running. Now it will not start at all. I have already replaced the ignition switch. Now I understand that the antina ring for the immobilizer can be bad, but I didn't know if the display screen would say all of these things as well. Immobilizer, see manual. Break failure, stop safely. Low beam failure. Light on antina ring not turning on.Any one had the same issue?
precopster
Year and Model: Lots

Re: Immobilizer, see manual. Break failure, stop safely. Low beam failure. Light on antina ring not turning on.

Post by precopster »

I'm getting the feeling that Volvo employed immobilizer info on the BCM (brake module) on 2007 models as well as later cars so cars wouldn't start with a faulty BCM.

A diagnostic session with something that can see the network such as Vida is recommended.
Current cars:2002 XC70, 2006 Ssangyong Rodius (Stavic), 2006 XC90 2.5T, VW Transporter 2.5TDI

www.precisioncarmodules.com.
Damianmcc

Re: Immobilizer, see manual. Break failure, stop safely. Low beam failure. Light on antina ring not turning on.

Post by Damianmcc »

The car was having no issues with the brakes
precopster

Post by precopster »

Got advice that the brake controller doesn't have immo info on the 2007 models though it does on 2008 P3s.

The DIM can also cause multiple issues; though it may seem an unrelated component they are all networked together
Current cars:2002 XC70, 2006 Ssangyong Rodius (Stavic), 2006 XC90 2.5T, VW Transporter 2.5TDI

oragex
Year and Model: S60 2003

Post by oragex »

Since the light around the key doesn't turn on, I would think in the first place antenna ring (the light it's on it) - 10 min. to replace, a used one will also work. It's like the car looses contact with the key and its transponder and shuts off the engine https://www.eeuroparts.com/Parts/31078/ ... r-8621509/

If not, maybe the ignition switch assembly as here https://repairpal.com/car-stalls-on-sta ... tarted-523
precopster

Post by precopster »

I don't think Antenna ring can work it's way through the network and cause havoc. It's a series connection with the CEM directly and is not networked.

OP has already replaced ignition switch

Wouldn't hurt to replace "the ring" given the ease and the price but something tells me there's more going on here.

If you trip the starter relay across where pins 30 and 87 plug in with a wire and car starts this would prove immo ring is not suspect

Damianmcc

Post by Damianmcc »

Ok. I'll give that a try
precopster

Post by precopster »

Attached are relay positions engine bay
Attachments
S60 2001 engine bay relays.pdf
(37.14 KiB) Downloaded 189 times

ggleavitt
Year and Model: XC90 05-2.5T, 08-V8S

Post by ggleavitt »

When a valid key is turned in the lock, engine will turn over and not run or will not turn over at all?
2005 2.5T AWD-201k
2008 V8 AWD Sport-132k
oragex
Year and Model: S60 2003

Post by oragex »

I got curious on these Immobilizer abd Brake failure non start/stall issues. Maybe if the OP can come back once the problem is solved with an update, we are going to help others with similar issue.