IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics Free shipping all USA - Experts in Brakes
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy your stuff using this and it helps MVS!

Driver seat going up and down without moving controls. Just recently my seatback is moving back to a reclining position.

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials on Volvo XC90s. The XC90 proved to be very popular, and very good for Volvo's sales numbers, since its introduction in model year 2003 (North America).
Ruth4149
Year and Model: 2008 xc90
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
United States of America
Ruth4149

Driver seat going up and down without moving controls. Just recently my seatback is moving back to a reclining position.

Post by Ruth4149 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:28 pm

I have a 2008 xc 90, fwd. The driver seatback goes up and down for no reason. Sometimes it will go back up to its upright position, and sometimes stays reclined... Obviously this is a frustrating problem... Any answers?

SuperHerman
Year and Model: 2004 & 2016 XC90
United States of America
SuperHerman

Re: Driver seat going up and down without moving controls. Just recently my seatback is moving back to a reclining posit

Post by SuperHerman » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:49 am

Couple questions: 1) Does movement happen while car is actually moving or does it happen at start up? If at start up it is most likely a key FOB related memory function. (Did you change key FOBs or going back and forth between two FOBs?)

Question 2) Are you wearing or carrying anything (like a longer coat - too much junk in the door pocket) that may be interfering with the controls?

Question 3) Look at the plastic cover where the seat controls sit - give it a slight pull in various directions to see if it has any play. It should be firmly in place. On my 2004 XC90, on the passenger side, my niece managed to somehow dislodge mine and it blew the fuse. Upon removal and inspection I found a shorting wire which needed repair. Once repaired, installed and fuse replaced no more issues.

If none of these items are suspect it could be a faulty module or some other wiring issue which needs trouble shooting. I suppose as an interim fix you can adjust your seat to where you like it and pull the fuse for that seat.

Ruth4149
Year and Model: 2008 xc90
Been thanked: 0
United States of America
Ruth4149

Re: Driver seat going up and down without moving controls. Just recently my seatback is moving back to a reclining posit

Post by Ruth4149 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:58 am

Thank you so much! Great advice- I’ll try these things. Not #1 or 2, so going to try #3 info and check fuses... 🙂