IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy your stuff using this and it helps MVS!

2007 Volvo XC90 Low Speed Vibration

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials on Volvo XC90s. The XC90 proved to be very popular, and very good for Volvo's sales numbers, since its introduction in model year 2003 (North America).
mmonetta
Year and Model: 2007 XC90
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
United States of America
mmonetta

2007 Volvo XC90 Low Speed Vibration

Post by mmonetta » Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:51 pm

I recently purchased a one owner 2007 Volvo XC90 FWD 3.2L V6. It has about 140K miles on it. I have no service records. I do know it originated in Florida but I live in Virginia. At very lows speeds there is what seems to be a vibration in the front right side. It only happens when I am putting some light pressure on the pedal and under 30 miles per hour speed. After about 30 mph the vibration goes away and it performs very well at high speeds. There is a crackling/clicking noise when turning left or right and starting to move forward or backwards but that sound disappears one I start moving faster. I believe it must be the front right half drive shaft. It seems like the drive shaft is one part and is not serviceable. Any help would be greatly appreciated!