IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy your stuff using this and it helps MVS!

After watching the fireworks through the open moonroof .....

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials on Volvo XC90s. The XC90 proved to be very popular, and very good for Volvo's sales numbers, since its introduction in model year 2003 (North America).
hot9000
Year and Model: S60, '01; XC90, '12
Been thanked: 0
hot9000

After watching the fireworks through the open moonroof .....

Post by hot9000 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:30 pm

Yesterday we drove XC90 2012 to a rooftop garage, to watch July 4th fireworks. We opened the moonroof all the way so the two girls could stand up and stick their heads out to enjoy the show.

ooo and aaa later, I found out that the moonroof wasn't able to close after it closed about 1/4 of the way (you know, upon the first press, it would open to about 3/4 and a second press, it would open all the way).

I wonder if anyone on the forum has had this problem. I could use some tips. Cheers.

oragex
Year and Model: S60 2003
Canada
oragex

Re: After watching the fireworks through the open moonroof .....

Post by oragex » Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:42 pm

You may also post on the S60 forum because it's the same sunroof. As for the issue I don't have a clue, maybe try locking unlocking 3 times the driver's door (or all doors) with the key fob

May also try a battery reset - disconnect the negative at the battery over night. Be sure to have the key in POS II both when disconnecting and reconnecting, also test the trunk lock works with the key mechanically before shutting the trunk closed.

Now if the kids bumped somehow on the side of the glass and broke/misaligned something, then it's going to be a different approach

hot9000
Year and Model: S60, '01; XC90, '12
Been thanked: 0
hot9000

Re: After watching the fireworks through the open moonroof .....

Post by hot9000 » Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:40 pm

I tried the lock/unlock 3 times thing and it didn't help unfortunately. I am going to talk to a shop Monday and see what happens. I will report back if there is anything worth sharing.

I also searched "moonroof" in S60 forum but didn't find much.

Thank you very much for replying to my question though.