IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics

Get email notification of topic replies. Log in or register (free). Amazon Link Buy anything with this and it helps MVS!

Haldex 3 AOC Pump Motor Rebuild

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials on Volvo XC90s. The XC90 proved to be very popular, and very good for Volvo's sales numbers, since its introduction in model year 2003 (North America).
Dezz
Year and Model: 2007 XC90

Re: Haldex 3 AOC Pump Motor Rebuild

Post by Dezz »

Unfortunately I do not have VIDA or DICE (or whatever its called). It has made troubleshooting this car for certain problems difficult to say the least. But I have been getting through it.

That is the meaning for this post as well. I have the All Wheel Drive system working now. I had a thought that the new parts in the motor might need to be run in before the DEM unit would drive it. As is evident when VIDA says a motor is bad, but yet it tests fine on the bench.
With this in mind, I decided to run 12 volt source directly to the motor for several minutes and seat the brushes on the new armature, break in the new seals and components. Hooked everything back up and the AWD is now working. I am now trying to do a write up on rebuilding the motor and posting it on here for all to read.

At one point the AWD did fail again, and the dash lit up like a xmas tree with faults. Red triangle warning light with statement saying brake failure, ABS failure light, Traction control and Anti-skid fail, and another I can't remember. This happened on a very steep incline I was running up and down testing the AWD system. I parked it and tried pulling codes with my code reader. Nothing came up. Disconnected battery for several minutes then tried it again. The ABS light and traction light were still on. Went for a regular drive and all failure lights went out. Everything working perfectly fine now, including AWD.
I think what happened was the brake fluid float activated when I was on the steep incline. The vehicle thought there was a leak and the brake fluid was gone. This activated all the warning lights and system failures when there is an issue with the braking system. At least this is what I think happened.
Metallo
Year and Model: XC 70 AWD 2.5 - 2006

Re: Haldex 3 AOC Pump Motor Rebuild

Post by Metallo »

Dezz,

How much did you heat the black plastic cover of the motor? I do not want to ruin the cover, I already tried using 360 °F but I cannot get it off.
Could you also send me a picture of the plastic rivet puller you have used? Just to have an idea as mine is so tight that around the edge, I can hardly get a blade.

Thank you,
Alex
Polar 940 Turbo SW - 1997
XC 70 AWD 2.5 - 2005
XC 70 AWD 2.5 - 2006