IPD sale Volvo Parts

(2000 Volvo S80) Key Blade not opening doors/dome light and sunroof also not working

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials on the Volvo S80 model. Sometimes called an "executive car", the S80 was and continues to be Volvo's top-of-the-line passenger car.
thacher86
Year and Model: 2000 S80
United States of America

(2000 Volvo S80) Key Blade not opening doors/dome light and sunroof also not working

Post by thacher86 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:48 pm

Hi,

I am currently unable to lock or unlock my car when I try turning the key blade in the door. It doesn’t want to lock or unlock! In addition, the dome light, sunroof, and master key button (on driver door) stopped working as well. Power windows on the same panel work just fine.

This happened suddenly. When closing the driver side back door, it didn't close completely. When I tried to open it again so I could close it tighter, the door had locked, then the alarm went off. I went to unlock the driver door so I could turn alarm off, and that was when the problems mentioned above began.

The spare key doesnt work either. The fuses look fine, but maybe there is another fuse box under the hood?
I was able to get into the vehicle through the trunk with the key. Note: I don't have a remote, just a blade.

Any quick solutions I can try? Your advice would be greatly appeciated since I live in New Orleans and leaving my car unlocked at night is not a great idea.

Thanks!

EngineeringBloke
Year and Model: 2006 2.5T S60
United States of America

Re: (2000 Volvo S80) Key Blade not opening doors/dome light and sunroof also not working

Post by EngineeringBloke » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:51 am

You can try the key in the trunk lock to lock the car, until you find the problem.

Check the fuse box description in the online Volvo owners manuals:
http://new.volvocars.com/ownersdocs/200 ... s80_00.htm